Saturday, January 1, 2011
This bread is so delicious the bread with the savory melting chocolate chips is the perfect sweet treat. I am excited to make this bread again and replace the chips with things like, rosemary , garlic, sun dried tomato, parm cheese or whatever you like. Enjoy its delicious!
- What you will need: this will make 5 loaves, cut in half for 2.
- preheat oven to 450˚
- 8 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon yeast
- 1 tablespoon wheat gluten
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 2 3/4 cups white chocolate chips
The most important thing to this recipe is the temp. of the water and bowl. Before anything fill the bowl to the top with hot water.
- dump out the hot water and immediately pour in the 3 1/2 cups of warm water, immediately after add the yeast, stir and let it sit in the water for at least 5 minutes.
- In your kitchen aid bowl add flour, wheat gluten and salt.
- Start mixing and slowly add the water and yeast.
- After 5 minutes of mixing on the second speed add white chocolate chips, until evenly distributed
- The dough may seem unusually sticky, and you will feel like it is wrong but its correct.
- TONS of flower is the key, sprinkle some on the counter and knead the dough.
- After the dough is kneaded, let the dough sit for 15-20 minutes.
- take the dough out and continually add flower to keep from sticking to EVERYTHING.
- cut the dough into even pieces and form it to the shape of a baguette place on parchment paper and cook for about 20 minutes.