Monday, November 22, 2010

The perfect 'impressive' apple, blackberry thanksgiving pie!

I love making this pie, its beautiful, seemingly simple and tastes amazing to boot! Impress family and friends with this easy delicious crowd pleaser!
                                                                      Easy as 1,2,3


leaf option
cute cutters available at williams•sonoma



What you will need:
Preheat the oven to 400ยบ
1.1/4 cup granulated sugar
2. 2 tbsn corn starch
3.1/2 tspn ground cinnamon
4.1/4 tspn salt
5. 2 1/2 lbs of peeled and sliced apples (i prefer green)
6.10 ounces of frozen blackberries
7.1/2 stick butter cut into cubes
8. un-cooked pie crust dough from any grocery store to make it easier, (if not i will post an entry on how to make the perfect pie crust)

Mix all dry ingredients in bowl and apples stir until dry mixture becomes almost wet. put the pre made crust in the pie pan and dump in the apples. Distribute butter throughout mixture.  I have done the basket weave and I have also done the leave topper both are quick and very festive! Dust the top with egg and sanding sugar. Put in oven and cook until apples are tender!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recipe, this looks delicious!:D I think the leaf decor is cute!:D

    I am your first follower!:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you I was so excited to finally have a follower, I hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea to put those leaves on, they give it such an original decorative touch!
    Im following!
    Marietta
    www.boutiqueamelia.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice post!check out my channel =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this recipe. I'm sure it is delicious. I am following now the 5th one. Kisses from Germany.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my gosh, that looks beautiful and soo delicious! thanks for sharing! :)

    p.s. i am a new follower.

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete